LS2013 Core Project – Wrap up

So there you have it. My apologies for such a huge posting.
Perhaps small videos like Pluralsight?

This set of tutorials obviously will be updated as things change and we learn more on how to work with the LightSwitch framework. I’m all for community help so if you find a bug or a better/faster way then drop a line to me. One of the outcomes to these posts is to also help folks understand how to work in the environment. It would be very easy just to post projects on github and be done with it. But that doesn’t help with the lack of solutions out there for this very RAD tool called LightSwitch. Thanks for enduring.

Now… too often people don’t get acknowledged for the work they do and the resources they provide. So… I’d like to acknowledge the following folks for not only helping me learn but the community as a whole:

Sergey Pimenov and the crew over at Metro UI CSS
Dave Kidder at Microsoft for his ETag workaround
Brian Grinstead, author of Spectrum, an awesome color picker
Jewel Lambert for her usage of the msls._run(“screen”) solution
Michael Washington for great publications and website regarding LightSwitch
Beth Massi at Microsoft with her invaluable blog on LightSwitch
The Visual Studio LightSwitch Team and their blog
And the great team over at Telerik and KendoUI

List obviously goes on and on as the community is pretty wide. Thank you all.

So what’s next?

LightSwitch Screen Templates?
LightSwitch Project Templates?
O365 SharePoint Integration?
More jQuery Plugins Integration?

… Big Yes to all.. Exciting times ahead!

6 thoughts on “LS2013 Core Project – Wrap up

  1. Lyndon says:

    Soooooooo coooool!

  2. Alberto says:

    Excellent post. Tthanks for sharing your knowledge.

  3. jcmonto says:

    Excellent post. Thanks for your time and thanks for sharing your knowledge. I was able to publish the site. I was able login as administrator and as a regular user, so security is working. However when I click in roles tile for example I get the following error: “An error occurred while processing this request”. In my developing machine all is working okay. Please advise… thanks again.

    • dwm9100b says:

      I’ll email you to help with the issues.

      • jl says:

        Thanks for the post and code. They are the bare necessities for any real life application. This is the best of all the LS sample out there with real insights and how to make LS working. Unfortunately MS samples are more marketing driven.
        I followed your sample and run successfully locally in VS. When I deployed to Azure, I have similar issue with jcmonto.
        In addition, I do not see any tiles on start screen. It might something to do with one of the step that I am not sure how to follow “Also, load up your PostDeployment1.sql script” I would appreciate if you lead me some light into the issue

      • dwm9100b says:

        Azure seems to have issues on creating the first user accounts.

        So go register a test account by going to your azure URL… http://yoursite.azurewebsites.net/register.aspx

        Then you can log out/log in with the admin account you set up in the web config… Which I default to leavemealone

        Dale ________________________________

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: