LightSwitch Demo – Table Control Fixed Column Headers

Just a quick demo video showing how you can have a standard LightSwitch table control not scroll its column headers off the screen.  Its pretty cool and should have been part of the control from the beginning.  I hope you check it out and come back when we finish the tutorial so you too can do this.

Let me know what you think and that its something you’d be interested in seeing how to do.

LightSwitch Fixed Column Headers

You can test drive a live sample at: http://fixedheaders.samplebuild.com/App/

6 thoughts on “LightSwitch Demo – Table Control Fixed Column Headers

1. Dave Barker says:

very COOL

2. dwm9100b says:

If you give me some idea of what you are looking for, I’d be happy to create the samples.

• Nicolas Lope de Barrios says:

The things I found more interesting right now (others might think differently) are: screen navigation functions (all 6), a page to allow the users to change their password, display the number of items in a tab (as seen in http://lightswitch.codewriting.tips, although under Controls, Functions shows 50 but there are 51), initialize table control, and renderCkEditorinTextArea.
      Too much?

• dwm9100b says:

Sounds good… I’ll see what I can put together for you and let you know.

Appreciate the suggestions of what you’d like to see.

• dwm9100b says:

Ha! Count is correct. If you notice, item 35 is not in the lineup as that particular function may be dropped as I found a simpler way. It was a resize method for Kendo UI Editor in a custom control. You had me do a double take tho… 🙂

3. Nicolas Lope de Barrios says:

Hi Dale, very interesting and useful, as always. I’d love to have a simple sample application built with lsWires, available to download, so we can learn how to implement all the cool features it has.