As you have quickly found, Visual Studio does not provide a means to create templates from your LightSwitch HTML solutions. Which means we are always having to create our new projects from scratch or from another where we have to keep the naming and clutter.
While its a hack, it should be a hack that you’ll get a lot of use out of. Here is what it does:
- Copies the source solution to a new folder
- Deletes all unnecessary files and folders
- Renames all relevant files and folders
- Updates all name references in all files
- Changes the name of the Client if told
- Changes the IIS Port if told
What you get out of it, is a clean solution based on the original.
Continue over at our tutorial site: Create your own Starter Kits