This is one of a few “issues” that are cropping up with the March 2014 update to LightSwitch 2013.
This is most likely for those that go outside the expected “normal” for LightSwitch, which fortunately may affect only a few. For example, creating a screen that does not have any “official” data items. Where we are just creating our own custom control and rendering our own content.
The LightSwitch runtime does NOT like this, yet will not complain until the worst possible time… to repro:
- Create a new Browse screen, No screen data
- Don’t add any properties or data items
- Add your custom control, render as you see fit
- Or for this exercise, don’t add anything, same result
- Save your solution
- Build and run
- All works as expected
User is on your custom screen and presses the refresh button on the browser
Bug was tracked down to starting at line 11909 in file msls-2.5.0.js
It does not like the fact that screenParameters has an “undefined” value
So whats the work around?
- Add a data item to your screen
- Can be any, ie: boolean
- Name doesn’t matter
- Not necessary to add to your visual screen design
- Save your solution, run and test
- Issue resolved
This was/is causing a problem with my core project, which I’m in the process of upgrading.
Also take a look at this thread where others are also having issues when it comes to the new “Deep Linking”.