We have pushed an update to GitHub. This is a major refactoring which will cause issues with the previous code.
In this update we have moved most of the logic into the external itgLsHelper.js file. There were some minor updates to tables and a few screens that I’ve documented and put in a page here. I’ve also added a BreakingChanges file to the project on GitHub.
Here are some of the items in this update:
- Password field with validation
- Confirm Password field with validation, both of these will give you some pretty good information on how to easily implement your own custom validators.
- A screen picker field used in the tile menu system
- Client side user roles and permission checking
- Ability to export the tile menu for inclusion in other or same project(s)
- Ability to import/use a JSON representation of a tile menu, makes for fast loading
- Much cleaner by using the itgLsHelper space
Note that these are not specific to the tile menus, but can be used in any other screen/code that you desire. Hopefully you’ll find the value has increased big time with this update. Let me know your thoughts.
Here are a few of the functions included in the itgLsHelper.js file:
init – initializes the system: gets user name & permissions, imports menus
passwordValidator – setup a visual field for password entry and validation
confirmPasswordValidator – setup a visual field for password entry and validate against the password field
screens – returns an array of your screens, name, display name and methods to show them
changeButtonIcon – changes the icon class of a button
colorPicker – setup a visual field as a color picker
iconPicker – setup a visual field as an icon picker
screenPicker – setup a visual field as a screen picker
userHasPermission – does the current user have the permission assignment
userHasRole – does the current user have the role assignment
tileMenu – setup a screen/container for a predefined MetroUI type tile menu
exportTileMenusToJson – export/return a JSON object representing all the tile menus
importJsonTileMenus – import a JSON object representing a set of menus and their tiles
importIconClassList – import a csv list of icon class list
urlParameterByName – get a URL parameter by its name
fixMetadataHandlerForEtag – a fix for a known ETag issue
fixJsonHandlerForEtag – a fix for a known ETag issue
internalHelpers – bunch of functions for internal use, but good information!